Sunday, May 3, 2015

Sangkaya @ Salt 'n Koffie, Jaya One

Hey ice cream peeps! 



If you like coconut water and ice cream then you're gonna love Sangkaya's coconut ice cream! 

The first time I tried coconut ice cream was at the Sleeping Buddha Temple in Penang when I was very young. My parents are from Kelantan so we used to drive back all the time and on the way, we would visit the temple. I would always get a cone or cup of coconut ice cream when we went. 

Recently, the ice cream uncle isn't there anymore so I was quite sad since it isn't the same when visiting the temple and I don't get to eat really tasty, cheap and refreshing coconut ice cream...UNTIL! my friend posted a cup of Sangkaya ice cream on her instagram! 



On a spontaneous trip to Jaya One on a dessert run, le boyfriend and I passed Sangkaya and decided to get a cup! We got the special which comes with 4 scoops of ice cream in a coconut husk with 3 toppings of your choice. We chose cereal, cornflakes and chocolate sauce! 





Sangkaya Signature Coconut Ice Cream (RM10.50)

It was delicious!!! A little creamier compared to the ice cream from my memories but yummy all the same! I loved it with the cereal toppings! My verdict? When can I have seconds? =D 

Sangkaya, Jaya One

Address | E-83-G.3G, The Square, Jaya One, 
72A, Jalan Universiti, Pjs 13, Petaling Jaya
Tel | 03-7932 1523
Opening Hours | 10am - 11pm
Facebook | Sangkaya 
Instagram | @sangkayacreamery


No comments:

Post a Comment