Sunday, August 16, 2015

Every Sundae by Cielo Dolci, Damansara Uptown

Morning foodies! 

Where are you guys having coffee today?


After the Burgerlab pop up experience at GSC One Utama last night, le boyfriend had the random idea of trying Every Sundae at Damansara Uptown (DU) on the way home. It was only a 10 minute drive from 1U and plenty of parking in sight considering it was 10pm. 











Le boyfriend had already been there with friends for his birthday and he was excited for me to try 'Nasi Lemak' ice cream. For my readers who do not know what is 'nasi lemak', it is a traditional Malay cuisine that is commonly eaten for breakfast in Malaysia and it literally translates to 'fat rice'. Don't be fooled by the name though, it's really yummy and would be a MUST TRY for those visiting Malaysia. =)


Sadly, there was no 'nasi lemak' flavour that night so shall be back another day to try. 

On the other hand, check out their menu. 




So, you get to make your own gelato/ice cream combi by picking a cup, a cone or waffles and topping it off with ice cream/gelato, toppings and sauces. Le boyfriend wanted to try something different so he got himself a Lavender Honey Ice Cream in a cup with Caramel Popcorn and Butterscotch sauce.

(RM12.50)


I wasn't really into the Lavender Honey but I guess it was ok. The popcorn on the other hand was pretty normal...I prefer Garretts

(RM24.50)

I, on the other hand, got a cone (which turned out to be a charcoal cone) with Salted Caramel gelato with a cotton cloud. 


Whoaaaa! The cotton cloud was bigger than expected! Check out my face! 


I was thinking, "How in the world do they expect people to eat this?"

First things first, I starting eating the gelato because it was melting and Malaysia isn't the best place in the world to eat ice cream for hours. Then, I attacked the cotton cloud...it actually fell off the handle after that and I held it with my fingers instead. It did not help that the toilet was Out of Service but le boyfriend said it was about time it went out of service cause it was NASSSTY! (in the words of That's So Raven) 

I kinda think that I went with the wrong choice with the cotton cloud...cause it was sweet on sweet which made it unbearable. Also, I love salted caramel ice cream but I think that when you turn it into gelato...there's a certain taste to it? Le boyfriend had to finish my gelato because it made me really 'chai' or 'jelat'. A bit like eating a lot of carbonara pasta and you get sick of it? That kind of feeling. 

My verdict? It wasn't really a good experience for me but I would definitely go back for the 'nasi lemak' ice cream and for a different combination because I think the combi I took was wayyyyy over the top! 



That's it for this post! 
Cheers!

*All prices exclude tax.

Every Sundae by Cielo Dolci, Damansara Uptown

Address | 9, Jalan SS 21/37, Damansara Utama
Tel | 03-77335683
Opening Hours | 

Monday | Noon - 11pm
Tuesday | Closed
Wednesday - Sunday | Noon - 11pm 

Website | Every Sundae
Facebook | Every Sundae 
Instagram | @everysundae

No comments:

Post a Comment