Thursday, January 29, 2015

The Bites Cafe, Lake Fields Sungai Besi

Hi all! 

Today's review is on The Bites Cafe at Lakefield, Sungai Besi. 


I actually read a review on this cafe a few months ago and wanted to try it out since it was relatively near where I lived. 

I went alone today to kill time while my car was being serviced at Acanta Autotech. It was only a 5 minute walk to the cafe from the garage surprisingly. 

There was a nice ambience going on in the cafe with so many inspirational quotes, movie posters and pictures hung on the walls. 






I also liked the fact that you could see into the kitchen with a view of a metal chicken full of eggs. XD 


Ok, enough of the interior and let's go on to the food. I ordered a glass on cold milk and a waffle with salted gula melaka ice cream. Gula melaka ice cream...excuse me while I drool yum! Gula melaka ice cream! 



The ice cream in the cafe is by The Last Polka and they've got quite a variety of flavours to choose from. May have to come back for a tasting session. XD



Ya know milk is milk so how do you jazz up a glass of milk? You serve it in an udder glass! The glass was so cute that I just had to take a closer shot of the udder! Hahaha! 


Finally, the waffles...it looks pretty enough but the taste was quite disappointing as the waffle was hard and I don't mean crunchy...HARD... the ice cream was only so-so and how much can you expect from the grilled banana? 

I wouldn't go back for the waffle but I would give the ice cream another chance. I would also like to try their savouries as I arrived around lunchtime and the place was packed with office workers. There must be something that keeps them coming back and the ambience can't be the only thing. 



There were also some cakes in the display case which changes daily, may want to give that a try too. 

That's it for the food...how bout another shot of the interior to end the post? They have this nice little nook at the back of the cafe with grizzly bear bean bags which has a reserved sign on it. Cute...but what's the point it no one can sit in it?


See ya next time!
Cheers!

The Bites Cafe
Address | 72, Jalan Tasik Utama 7, Lake Fields Sungai Besi, 57000 KL
Opening Hours | 9am - 10pm 
Instagram | @thebitescafe 

No comments:

Post a Comment