Saturday, June 20, 2015

Kaffa Espresso Bar, Damansara Uptown [First Glance]

Hey coffee junkies, 




Part of my coffee experimentation journey brings me to places that I would never step into such as the Kaffa Espresso Bar in Damansara Uptown a.k.a. DU. It was right after dinner at Epicuro with the gang and we were hunting for dessert. Softsrve was closed by the time we got there so we just drove around and spotted Kaffa. 








Going into it, it was a typical rustic styled cafe with dim lighting and decorated with thrinkets from the 1980's. Not that I'm saying it's bad but it's getting a little generic.




Going through their menu, I spotted their Salted Caramel Macchiato! Salted caramel anything is good to me and le boyfriend especially when done right. Ordered that and a cup of chai latte cause I didn't want to risk an atomic bomb in my tummy when I still wasn't sure if coffee didn't set it off. =S 



Anyway, we grabbed the high table and what do ya know! Everyone brought our their phones...including me but your phone can only take you so far. I scanned the cafe and what did I find but JENGA! I think I have only played jenga 3 times in my entire life so jenga was fun. 



It's good to be able to strategise and try and sabotage your friends once in a while. =D I have to say thumbs up for the board games since not every cafe provides games. 

I know you guys have been waiting for photos of the drinks so here they are! 



Salted Caramel Macchiato (RM13.80)

The Salted Caramel Macchiato was pretty good and pretty too! The flower latte art reminded me of a sunflower - which is my favourite flower!! =D The taste was good too as it wasn't too bitter and the salted caramel provided a nice accent to it. Sometimes, there would be tiny crystallised pieces of salted caramel and it provided a slight crunch to the drink. Love it!! 



Chai Latte (RM11)

The Chai Latte was good it you go for the type with foam and cream I think? Kind of like the Lipton Chai Latte sachets sold at Jaya Grocer which is delicious. On the other hand, do you want to go all the way to a cafe for stuff that taste like instant latte? Maybe once in a while... 



My verdict? Definitely a good place to chill and play the 'put all the phones in the middle and whoever grabs their phone first pays for drinks!' game. I would so go back to Kaffa. 

That's it for this post!
Cheers!

*All prices exclude GST. 


Kaffa Espresso Bar, Damansara Uptown

Address | 97, Jalan SS 21/37, Damansara Utama, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Tel | 03-7732 4502
Opening Hours | 

Monday : 10am - midnight
Tuesday : 10am - 10pm
Wednesday : 10am – 11pm
Thursday - Friday : 10am – midnight
Saturday - Sunday : 9am – midnight
Website |Kaffa Espresso Bar
Facebook |Kaffa Espresso Bar
Instagram |@kaffaespressobar


No comments:

Post a Comment